One of the most well-known websites for buying and selling digital assets like Bitcoin is Coinbase.com. It is one of the oldest and most well-established cryptocurrency exchanges in the crypto market and was founded in 2012.
It's perfect for new users to step into the cryptocurrency space who want to buy their first crypto asset using a credit/debit card or a bank transfer. Additionally, Coinbase Advanced Trade provides its users with a wide array of supported crypto assets to trade and exclusive services, such as an advanced trading function, opportunities to learn about cryptocurrency or earn interest on their holdings, an NFT marketplace, and their own Coinbase Wallet.
It introduced a cutting-edge platform- Coinbase Pro for experienced traders in 2018. Since Coinbase Pro was developed to offer additional trading capabilities and had cheaper costs than the exchange's standard platform, it immediately gained popularity.
In June 2022, Coinbase introduced an advanced trading function to replace Coinbase Pro. In this blog post, we will discuss how Coinbase and Coinbase Advance Trade vary as well as what to anticipate from the new sophisticated trade option.
So, head up towards the high point of this read by comparing both of the platforms of Coinbase Global to clear out the clutter.
Key traits of Coinbase advance trade:
- Fees: The maker and taker fees are equals to or lesser than 0.4% and 0.6% respectively.
- Defi incentives: Offers the rewards of up to 5% APY on your USDC, ALGO, ATOM, XTZ, ETH2 or DAI assets.
- Types of orders: It offers different types of orders such as Market limit, and Stop limit orders.
- Featured charts: Charts powered by TradingView with EMA, RSI, and MACD functions for designing and Bollinger Brands.
- Facets of security: Security features include 2FA, mobile biometrics, Coinbase Vault, FDIC's insurance for $250K holdings, YubiKey for mobile devices, and address whitelisting.
- Availability of mobile app and trading API: The Coinbase mobile app for advanced trading and the trading API are both accessible. The Coinbase advanced trade API is a forthcoming product that will be made available soon.
- Number of supported currencies: 250+ assets including fiat currencies such as GBP, EUR and USD.
Key traits of Coinbase:
- Main features: Coinbase offers an easy-going platform and PayPal services to draw out or sell cryptos.
- Fees: Up to 0.05% to 0.60% fees for every trade and 2% card transaction fees. And, for baking services, the fee varies accordingly.
- Number of supported cryptocurrencies: 107+ assets including BTC, ETH, SOL etc.
- Supported transactions: Using Coinbase, you can buy, sell or exchange crypto assets seamlessly.
- Limits on trading amount: The maximum trading amount differs according to your preferred payment service and region.
- Security facets: Coinbase offers almost the same security features as Advance Trade such as 2FA, FDIC insurance, Coinbase Vault etc.
The Bottom Line!
One of the most popular and user-friendly cryptocurrency exchanges, Coinbase introduced Coinbase Advanced Trade recently to enhance the trading experience of its users. The most appealing fact about this platform is, it welcomes both seasoned and novice traders.
So, if you are just embarking on your crypto journey and want to try on your hand at crypto, you can opt for Coinbase which will help you with its friendly interface. And, if you are an active and regular trader and want to invest a huge amount, Coinbase Advance Trade can be your go-to by proving you highly beneficial trading experience.